On your big day, you have enough to worry about. Whether it’s making sure you get to the venue on time, or planning your reception right down to the colour of the napkins, you have a lot on your plate. A wedding photographer’s job does not involve adding to your stress load. On the contrary, part of the job of your photographer is to help make sure your day runs as seamlessly as possible… and capture those beautiful memories in a way that will make you smile for years to come.
Just as you have promises to make with your intended, so your photographer should be able to make these promises to you:
- To make you and your intended happy. A happy client makes a happy photo.
- To do their best to bring out the best in you. You deserve to feel good about yourself. A good photographer’s work will reflect what is best about you.
- To ensure their work will be a reflection of what you want, and who you are as person, whether it’s through a series of formal or silly poses or captured candid moments.
- To behave in a dignified and professional way.
- To treat you, your guests, venue operators and other service providers with the same dignity.
- To be completely honest and open with you, from the time you hire them to the time they deliver your photos and beyond.
- To answer to you, the client. Although they should treat your guests with respect, and take any suggestions into consideration, your happiness is what matters the most.
- To leave you with photos you can look at with pride and cherish for years to come.
- To respect the venue’s rules and property.
These things are part of what sets a professional apart from Uncle-Bob-Who-Has-A-Camera. When you hire a pro, you are hiring someone with the talent to deliver quality work and a common-sense approach that will make your day that much more special.